These are the companies that I use to make bookings when I travel.
- Expedia – this is the website I use most for looking at hotels. They've really worked on their ‘Filters' and I can set everything to look for options within my Smart Budget.
- Skyscanner – this is where I start every search for flights. Skyscanner searches the main airlines and a bunch of alternatives so you can find the best deal for your trip.
- Get Your Guide – this website is all about tours and excursions. I've used them a lot; GYG has multiple options for each place I'm visiting so I can usually find a short or longer excursion depending on my budget and wants.
- Viator – Viator is a big central marketplace for tours and outings. Using Viator gives you access to everything from tours to food tastings, group walking tours, history and culture.
- VRBO – I've used VRBO in the US and Mexico to book ‘whole properties' (no risk of accidentally booking a room in someone's house!). The pricing is very sensible and it's clear what you will get in terms of amenities.
- G Adventures – this travel group organises small group travel for solo travelers to some amazing places. Check out their regular discounts.
- Peak Design – I use Peak Design products for camera accessories and bags. Everything I've used is strongly constructed and hard-wearing.